08 February 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick review

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 4:44 PM

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Source: Library
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Nora Grey is just your average teenager. She writes movie reviews for her school paper and hasn't really ever considered any guys from her school attractive. That is, until she meets Patch when Coach, the Biology teacher, switches around the seating chart in her Biology class. They are assigned homework to find out as much about their new Biology partner as they can and turn it in the next day. Except Patch isn't exactly cooperative with giving out information about himself, but yet he knows stuff about her that even her closest friends don't. Is it intuition or something.. else?

Nora becomes increasingly uncomfortable in the presence of Patch as the days go on as his Biology partner. He seems to be everywhere she is. Is he stalking her, or is it just a coincidence? But why does part of her feel drawn to him? Why does he always seem to evade personal questions? How and why can he put thoughts into her head like he's talking to her, yet his lips never move? And why does the new boy put Nora on edge?

Nora is certain of one thing, both Patch and the new boy seem dangerous. For Patch, she can't quite put her finger on why. For the new boy, Elliot, it's because he was a suspect in a murder investigation at his old school. And unlucky for her, they both seem to want her.

This review has been hard to write, because it seems like my words can't do this book justice. This book was beyond amazing. I had it on hold at my local library and was excited to read it, having heard positive reviews on it. Boy were they right! The mystery, the romance, everything was just perfect.

This was the kind of book that you just simply can't put down and after you've raced through all the pages, you want more. Lots, lots more. You know the kind of book I'm talking about. You read it all in one day or stay up super late reading it, wishing you didn't have to sleep. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

The characterization was phenomenal. Fitzpatrick did so well with creating these three dimentional characters. She made them have emotions. She made you feel those emotions. She wrote their personalities brilliantly and left you feeling like you knew them.

I loved Nora, even though she's a wreck when anything bad happens. I kept expecting Patch to have to rush in and save her all the time, but it didn't happen. Most of the time she had to fend for herself, which was a fresh relief compared to all the paranormal romances out there. It's usually: girl is damsel in distress, girl gets kidnapped or trapped or something by the bad guy, in swoops the hero to save the girl every single time. Nope, not the case with this book.

Patch, oh Patchy Patch. He was delicious. Absolutely smoldering. He was the perfect bad boy and extremely cocky. He enjoyed putting Nora in an uncomfortable situation. Which he did a lot, I might add. He is super sexy and I practically had to fan myself after reading some chapters.

Speaking of which, boy can Fitzpatrick write the romance! In general, she can write extremely well. She captured my attention right away and held it until the end of the book and after. She writes beautifully and effortlessly and leaves you satisfied, yet wanting more. There were so many twists and turns, it was like she was mocking you each time you thought you knew what was going to happen.

The second book is definitely staying on my to-read list and has made my get-your-hands-on-a-copy-one-way-or-the-other-you-must-read-this-right-now list.


I don't think I have to say this, but this has earned a 5 out of 5 stars from me.

View all my reviews

1 comments:

Unknown on January 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM said...

Probably my favourite angel book. Best part: "Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me.”

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon