26 February 2011

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs review

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 7:26 PM

Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Source: Library
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Lily Sanderson carries a big secret. She's half human, half mermaid and princess of her kingdom, Thalassinia. She can walk on land and swim in the water. Did I mention she's also in love with Brody Bennett? But it isn't a harmless crush. She's looking to bond with him, a connection that happens through a kiss, much like a regular human couple getting married.

But Quince Fletcher seems to get in the way whenever she's making progress with Brody. Why does he have to be such a blowfish?

Forgive My Fins is a wonderful take on the fantasy of mermaids and a wonderful paranormal romance book.

I loved the character of Lily. She's not your normal kind of girl (even without her huge secret). She isn't calm or confident. No, she's more of a basket-case, but that makes her all the more lovable. She's totally insecure with her image and is always worrying about what Brody thinks of her. She's rather blind to what's going on around her, her eyes only on Brody. She's not what you would think her to be, being a princess and all, either.

Quince, oh Gosh was he adorable. I loved his character from the beginning to the end. He has this charm about him, and Tera Lynn Childs wrote his character wonderfully. You can feel how much he cares, even when Lily can't see it. He has the typical bad body I'm-so-cocky-and-you-love-me type of thing going on, yet he can be so sweet at times! He's the perfect mix of excitement and loving.

I loved the writing in this. It was so cute with all the ocean-terminology. You can really tell that Childs thought long and hard about some of the words, phrases, and ideas. The whole book is adorable and I found myself grinning during most of it. The romance was amazing, too, with so much heat to it.

The plot is what you'd expect from a light, quick, cute read. Most of it was predictable, but in a way that's like slipping into an old shirt that fits wonderfully and is so warm. It's comfortable, yet still wonderful.

Overall, Childs wrote an awesome first installment to the Fins series. I look forward to reading the second and seeing where the story leads and am now a fan of Childs' work. Sign me up for any of her upcoming books!
I give Forgive My Fins a 4 out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon