02 November 2011

RAK: October Wrap-Up!

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 4:06 PM

Random Acts of Kindness is a monthly feature hosted by Book Soulmates. For more information, please go here.

I unfortunately wasn't able to send anything this month, but I have some books waiting to be sent, I just need to get the funds in order. I currently do not have a job or a source of income besides babysitting and I'm already in debt to my boyfriend for various necessities. I really hope to send books in the near future!

Received:
I received quite a few books this month, which definitely surprised me!

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

I received this from Emma at The Girl with a Book. After hearing all the wonderful things about this one, I was dying to get my hands on it! I'm currently reading this right now and am so far loving all its quirkiness! Thank you, Emma!

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

I absolutely fell in love with The Forest of Hands and Teeth and already had The Dark and Hollow Places, so I couldn't wait to read this one! This one came from Jen at At Random. Thank you, Jen!

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

I've been wanting to read this one since I saw the movie! I mentioned that I was going to look for this at my local used bookstore and Joli at Actin' Up With Books emailed and said she had both this and The Notebook. Thank you, Joli!

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

I also mentioned in the same post that I wanted to look for more Nicholas Sparks books, because I found Dear John at the local Goodwill. Thank you for this one, too, Joli!


That's what I got for RAK this month and I'm absolutely ecstatic! I can't wait to be able to send books for this wonderful feature!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon