26 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 4:18 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's can't-wait-to-read selection is..

  Title: Lies Beneath
  Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
  Publisher: Delacorte Press
  Published: June 12, 2012
  Pages: ??
  Goodreads

Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy.

But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistible good looks and charm on unsuspecting girls.

Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

That cover is just so pretty! I'm a sucker for that color scheme. I wish it had a prettier font, though, but I kinda like how it's just simple. This one is about mermaids!! That in itself is why I want to read this, but it also sounds so mysterious and unique to the mermaid genre (though any novel in the mermaid genre seems to be unique and different from each other).

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

Racquel (A Book Barbie) on October 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM said...

Great choice!! I was going to post this as my WoW, you stole it though;D

I'm a real fan of the cover too and while yes the font is simple and I would have liked something more you can never judge by the picture in my experience, it always looks better/worse in paper. Oh well, I cannot wait to read about this merman haha especially since I never read anything about mermaid or any of that sort before...!

-thank you&come again.

Lindsay Cummings author on October 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM said...

i loooove this underwater cover!
I follow you! here's my WOW post, I hope you'll stop by and follow me if you haven't already, and let me know what you think of mine!!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-masque-of-red-death.html

Samual @ Books For All Seasons on October 26, 2011 at 5:54 PM said...

The cover looks very intriguing. The story does sound good. Great pick for this week. Thank you for sharing.

Sam

Jennifer on October 26, 2011 at 7:24 PM said...

I love that cover as well! I've never heard of this, but I am intrigued. Murderous mermaids and a potential male pov? Sign me up!

Laura BurgandyIce on October 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM said...

Sounds and looks like a fun book!! What a great pick!

Thx for entering my Giveaway! I'm a New GF

Giselle on October 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

Ooh I love the cover of this one! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon