09 October 2011

In My Mailbox (14)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 12:00 AM

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and is a weekly meme to showcase what you got over the week by buying, receiving, borrowing, stealing from a friend etc.

For Review:

How to Save a Life

How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

This just showed up at my doorstep, but it was very welcome!

Hades (Halo, #2)

Hades (Halo #2) by Alexandra Adornetto

Another that showed up randomly, this one came with The Fox Inheritance a week or so ago. The cover is so pretty. Now I just need Halo, as I don’t have nor read it.

The Fox Inheritance

The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson

I didn’t finish The Adoration of Jenna Fox, but I absolutely loved what I read of it. Another first novel I need to buy, oh boy.

Bought:

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter

I went to Goodwill to see if they had any books and I came across this one and the three below. Everything came out to a bit under $6.

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Unabridged Classics)

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

I’ve been wanting to read this since I watched and loved the movie. Really excited for this.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

For some reason, I had trouble finding a decent picture for this one. I loved the movie, so I decided to get the book, too.

RAK:

Beauty Queens

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

You don’t know how badly I’ve been wanting to read these two RAKs, each for different reasons. Beauty Queens has stuck out in my mind since I first came across it and I’ve been dying to read it. I received this beauty from Emma at The Girl with a Book. Thank you so much Emma!

The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)

The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth #2) by Carrie Ryan

So I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and fell head over heels in love with it. I loved the world Carrie Ryan made and was desperately wanting to be sucked back in. I have the third, but I did not have this one and then along came Jen from At Random, saving the day :). Thank you so much Jen!!

 

What did you get in your mailbox?

2 comments:

Jac (Two Moms Reading) on October 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM said...

I can't wait to read How to Save a Life! I'm not sure why, but that is one that I'm just REALLY excited about :)

Beauty Queens was a great read! I hope you really enjoy it, it had me laughing out loud!

Giselle on October 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM said...

Oh I loved the Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy! My favorite was the last one. Hope you like it! :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon