16 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 2:13 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's can't-wait-to-read selection is..
  Title: Waking Storms
  Author: Sarah Porter (Lost Voices #2)
  Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
  Published: July 3, 2012
  Pages: 400
  Goodreads
After parting ways with her troubled mermaid tribe, Luce just wants to live peacefully on her own. But her tranquility doesn't last long: she receives news that the tribe is on the verge of collapse and desperately needs her leadership. Anais, their cruel queen, wants Luce dead. Dorian, the boy Luce broke mermaid law to save, is determined to make her pay for her part in the murder of his family. And while the mermaids cling to the idea that humans never suspect their existence, there are suddenly ominous signs to the contrary.

But when Luce and Dorian meet, they start to wonder if love can overpower the hatred they know they should feel for each other. Luce's new friendship with an ancient renegade mermaid gives her hope that her kind might someday change their murderous ways. But how can Luce fulfill her rightful role as queen of the mermaids without sacrificing her forbidden romance with Dorian?

Full of miraculous reunions and heart-pounding rescues, this haunting second installment in the Lost Voices Trilogy finds Luce eager to attempt reconciliation with humans—as long as war doesn't break out first.
I loved the first one in this series and have been patiently waiting for this one as well! Plus, I have a fascination with the name Dorian. It's amazing. Another plus, the cover is so pretty :).

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books on November 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM said...

This one looks good! great pick:D

Jennifer on November 16, 2011 at 2:37 PM said...

I haven't read the first in the series, but it is on my wishlist. I love mermaids! And I agree that the name Dorian is nice... :)

Lindsay Cummings author on November 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM said...

loveeeee this cover!

here are my WOW picks. stop by?!?!
http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Giselle on November 16, 2011 at 6:06 PM said...

I don't think I've heard of this series before I'll have to go take a look at book 1 on GR!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Samual on November 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

I like the cover! It is so pretty. I need to tell my friend about this book since she likes this kind of story. Great choice, Meghan! Thank you for sharing!

Sam

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon