07 April 2011

Upcoming movies

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 12:20 AM

Hey there! I was wondering if any of you had heard about the movie deals for Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, Firelight by Sophie Jordan, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver? I was exploring IMDB and found them. Are they real? I’m not sure if regular people can add to the site, so right now I believe they’re real and I’m excited! Wow this post is all over the place. Below are the links to the IMDB pages:

Wicked Lovely (2012) 
Shiver (2012)
Fallen (2012)
Vampire Academy (2013)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (2011)
Firelight (2013)
If I Stay (2011)
Uglies (2011)
Delirium (2013)
Beautiful Creatures (2011)
Before I Fall (2012)

Any you are excited to see? Any you have pictured the cast for?

3 comments:

Lindsay on April 7, 2011 at 9:08 AM said...

GREAT POST! I have been looking for a list of YA book based movies that are coming out! I think I'm most excited for Forest of Hands and Teeth, and Beautiful Creatures. And Shiver. And Fallen. And...OK, you get the idea! LOL

And as for the Ted Dekker book, I don't read a whole lot of adult fiction, but his books are focused on older YA and adult. The writing is very smooth and captivating, so if you have a chance, give it a try! I just finished it last night, and it was FANTASTIC!

Sarah Lydia on April 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM said...

The only two I know of that are becoming movies are Before I Fall and Delirium, I think Fox bought the rights to both of them.
I don't know about the others, but a lot of books have been turned into movies lately, so these may be real. Look around at other sites to check, because if it is only posted on one site, chances are it isn't real. :/

Sarah Lydia on April 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM said...

So, I'm just adding to my comment above.
I looked around and it does look like most of them will be made into movies.
These are the ones I've checked:
If I Stay will be made in to a movie, as well as Uglies, The Wicked Lovely, Shiver, and Fallen. The Forest of Hands and Teeth may become a movie (Seven Star Pictures has picked up the movie rights for the book), but it is not a for sure thing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon