03 April 2011

In My Mailbox (5)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 12:10 AM

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and is a weekly meme to showcase what you got over the week by buying, receiving, borrowing, stealing from a friend etc.

For Review:

The Time-Traveling Fashionista
The Time Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky

My very first ARC that I asked for, so I’m incredibly excited! The book’s synopsis looks adorable and the book itself is adorable. It has a purple cover underneath the above book jacket and it has pictures inside! (that are absolutely wonderful, I might add!)


Bought:

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Bought this used on Amazon with a Swagbucks code. (Go check them out, it’s a really neat site!)

Search & Win


The Morganville Vampires: Volume 1 (Glass Houses & The Dead Girls' Dance)The Morganville Vampires Volume 1 by Rachel Caine

Love bind ups, as you can buy 2 books for 1.


The Morganville Vampires: Volume 2
The Morganville Vampires Volume 2 by Rachel Caine

This one is currently on Amazon for $4! Hurry and snag this up, if you don’t have it already. That’s 2 books for $4!


Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
Shadowland (The Mediator series #1) by Meg Cabot

I have the fourth one for some reason and not 1-3, so I bought this.


Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
The Ninth Key (The Mediator series #2) by Meg Cabot

I bought this one described as Used – Very Good. It came with a bunch of highlighting and notes in it (about someone named Brutus??) as well as a bent spine and front cover, and pages that looked like the got wet (they’re all wavy-like). Now, you tell me: does that describe “very good” very well? You better believe I’m sending this one back Smile with tongue out.


100 Characters from Classical Mythology: Discover the Fascinating Stories of the Greek and Roman Deities
100 Characters from Classical Mythology by Malcolm Day

I’m extremely interested in mythology, so my wonderful boyfriend bought me this book as an early birthday present. It has wonderful family trees and a page or two about a lot of the gods and goddesses. I’ve already peeked at it a bit, and I love it! If there’s a book you have on mythology that is amazing for the subject (and not ridiculously hard core, where I can just pick it up and browse when I want), then let me know in the comments!

 


I’m pretty sure that’s it for this week, what did you get in your mailbox?

6 comments:

Ana on April 3, 2011 at 2:20 AM said...

I love mediator. For me, those books are very good :) I can't wait for the sequel

Aleetha on April 3, 2011 at 5:54 AM said...

This is the second time I saw The Time traveling Fashionista. I wonder for its story.
I am looking forward for your review

IMM #10

Christy @ TheReaderBee on April 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM said...

So many great books! The Mediator series is really cute. I hope you enjoy all your wonderful reads!

Great blog- I'm a new follower!!

Nerissa on April 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM said...

You got a lot of great books, I bought If I stay last week and can't wait to read it.

New follower :)

Audrey on April 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM said...

I hope you review the Time Traveling Fashionista. I'm really looking forward to reading it-- two days! :) Also, the Mediator was really good. I only read the first one, perhaps I should read the rest of the series.

Audrey
http://audreyreadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox.html

A Beautiful Madness on April 4, 2011 at 9:23 PM said...

Loved If I Stay. I simply can't wait to get the sequel tomorrow! Hope you like it too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon