19 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday (5)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 11:12 PM

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading
Rules:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two sentences from that page
-Be careful not to include spoilers!
-Include the book titles and author, so other participants can add the book the their TBR pile!
This week's teaser comes from..

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The Adoration of Jenna Fox
page 134
’Where do I go from here? How many hours can one person spend locked in a bathroom, looking at skin, hair, eyes. Feeling fingers. Toes. And the absurdity of a belly button? How many definitions for human can one person find? And how do you know which one is correct? How many hours can you spend shivering? And holding. And wondering.’

and

page 99
’Now, a day later, I wonder what friends means to Dane. I wonder at his voice that is so different from his eyes. I wonder if I know anything at all. But I do know this: The word I felt when I looked into his face was the right word.’

and

pages 99-100
’I remember shopping for socks, feeling the socks, paying for the socks, looking at the receipt for the socks. Every detail of a sock-shopping outing that happened five years ago. Who cares about socks?’


Seriously, the writing in this book is so poetic at times. Loving it so far, if you couldn’t tell by the three different quotes (I almost included more, there are so many beautiful quotes).

1 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog on April 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM said...

Great teasers!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon