30 April 2011

In My Mailbox (9)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 11:30 PM

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and is a weekly meme to showcase what you got over the week by buying, receiving, borrowing, stealing from a friend etc.

For Review:

The Magnolia League
The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch

I haven’t heard much about this, but it looks really good and mysterious. And that cover is gorgeous Smile. I received this one on my birthday, so it was like I got a birthday present!

Thank you to Poppy!


Bitter End
Bitter End by Jennifer Brown

Again, haven’t heard much about this, but it sounds amazing and inspirational. I’m sure a lot of people can relate to Alex, the main heroine! Can’t wait to read this one.

Thank you to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers!


Enclave (Razorland, #1)
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

So, I have no idea why I got this. I was surprised to open the package and find it. I wasn’t expecting it, so thank you to whomever it came from!

This looks very interesting and I read a tidbit of it before I went to bed last night and it sounds really awesome! Also, I received this on my birthday (the 29th), too, so I thought that was pretty cool!

 

Bought:

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Yay! So I’m sure lots of you have heard of this and lots of you like it, and I’m excited to read it. I read a little bit of it a couple months ago, but now I own a copy!

My dad gave me a gift certificate for my birthday and I got this and….


City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Gosh, so I love this series so far. I wanted to get this and City of Fallen Angels but the latter was $19.99 and the gift certificate was for $20. I don’t own the first two, but I will buy them sometime, because I just want them to look pretty on my bookshelf. And I might reread them in the future! (my boyfriend thinks it’s weird I want books I’ve already read lol)

 

 

So that’s it from me for this week. I apologize for being MIA lately, but this week and the past couple have been hectic, what with trying to get everything in order to go to college, my nephew’s birthday, my birthday, etc etc. Plus, I was kind of in a reading/reviewing slump, but I think I’m coming out of that.

Also, leave in the comments (if you’ve read this block of text! In which case, I love you) what book/s I should read/review next!

Oh, and one more thing (I promise!), would anyone be interested in a $5 gift card giveaway? That’s pretty much all I can afford to do right now (and it’ll come from Swagbucks, so it’ll be free for me, since I have no job or moneys Smile with tongue out). I just really want to give something back to anyone that actually reads this blog. Let me know if you’d like that or if it’d just be a waste of time! Smile

4 comments:

Unknown on May 1, 2011 at 2:14 AM said...

A great pile of books! They all seem great. I LOVE The hunger games and TMI series :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Carina on May 1, 2011 at 5:42 AM said...

Happy belated birthday. :)

You really got great books this week. I still have to read the The Mortal Instruments series and the Hunger Games series, but I'm planning to do so in summer when I'm on vacation. Can't wait to do so though.
I hope you're going to enjoy your new books!

Carina
(My IMM)

P.s.: You've got a very pretty blog! I'm a new follower now. :)

Bella on May 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM said...

Happy birthday for the 29th! :) I love The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments, it's not weird to want your own copies! :L Happy reading!

Bella
My Mailbox

Anonymous said...

So exciting that you've finally gotten Hunger Games! It is worth owning :) Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon