15 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (19)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 1:08 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's can't-wait-to-read selection is..

  Title: Above
  Author: Leah Bobet
  Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
  Published: April 1, 2012
  Pages: 368
  Goodreads
Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee's wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above—like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers.

But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe's history and the shadows' attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home—not just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before.
Doesn't it sound like X-Men?? I loved the newest X-Men movie and I think I'll really love this one :). And that cover is gorgeous!

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

Hollie on February 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM said...

Okay, this is really creepy...we have the same WoW pick again this week! Haha, I'm obviously really excited for this too! :D

My WoW

WickedWillow on February 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM said...

Did I read Bee Wings?
Because that sounds awesome! :D
Check out my WOW

Unknown on February 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM said...

Oh, I cannot wait to read this book! It looks all x-Menish with romance, YAY! And the cover rocks:) Great pick!

Unknown on February 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM said...

Ha! I commented BEFORE I read your X Men comment! Great minds think alike:)

Tiffany Drew on February 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM said...

I agree, LOVE this cover. I have been wanting to read this since first reading about it a few months ago. I can't wait to finally get my hands on it. Great choice!

My WoW

Anna @ Literary Exploration on February 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM said...

Ohhh I got this one in the mail this week! I'm so excited to start reading it :) Great pick!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon