08 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 1:44 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's can't-wait-to-read selection is..

  Title: Enchanted
  Author: Alethea Kontis
  Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
  Published: May 8, 2012
  Pages: 305
  Goodreads
It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past - and hers?
Oh does this not sounds amazing?? You can never go wrong with a fairytale retelling! :)

What are you waiting on?

15 comments:

Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books! on February 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM said...

I can't wait to read this! It's been on my TBR for a while now. But I can't believe I have to wait till May :/ Great pick!!

Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!
Waiting on Wednesday

Hollie on February 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM said...

Funnily enough, I can't wait to read this book either! Great choice this week! Thanks for stopping by, your blog is amazing! :D

-Ria xo on February 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM said...

Tis sounds like such a brilliant twist on a classic fairy tale!

Carrie on February 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM said...

What a GORGEOUS cover! Nice pick :) Thanks for stopping by Sweet Southern Home!

JennRenee on February 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM said...

I love Fairytales. The cover is gorgeous too. I added this one to my TBR. Great pick. following you back.

Zoey @ Uncreatively Zoey on February 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM said...

I definitely love fairy tales. I haven't been reading enough fairy tale retellings lately, so I can't wait for this either :)

Jamie @ Miss Bookaholic on February 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM said...

ahh this sounds like a re-telling of "The Princess and the Frog" with a twist! I adore fairytales, so I think I'm gonna check this one out too...

and what a pretty cover haha :)

Unknown on February 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM said...

I have seen this book around and it looks AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to dive into it! Thanks for sharing!

Here is my WoW post this week with a GIVEAWAY!!!

Lizzie on February 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM said...

Oh my goodness! I've never heard of this book (I've been a bit out of the loop in the book world for a couple months :-() but now that I have, I can tell that I MUST read this! I adore retellings so much and this one sounds fantastic. Excellent pick!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. =) I followed you as well, and I'm enjoying reading through your posts.

Tribute Books on February 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM said...

Meghan, I can see young tweens going crazy over this book. It's good to see something appropriate for this age group.

Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

Mandy: Less is Bore! on February 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM said...

Hi Meghan, thanx 4 stopping by Blythes & Books and becoming a new follower! I returned the favor!

I like your WoW choice, I have been wondering about this book! It seems very interesting and enchanting (LOL), hope you'll like it!

Hugs Mandy

Mandroid on February 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM said...

Ooh, this is the first I've heard of this book and now I want it in my hands right now! I haven't read a lot of of alternate versions of the Frog Prince, but this sounds fascinating.


Waiting on Wednesday @ Working for the Mandroid

Unknown on February 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM said...

This sounds like a book I'll be reading in the summer and it's now been added to the list. Great pick and thanks for stopping by :).

Heidi on February 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM said...

I love retellings and am super excited for Enchanted! Great pick. =)

Jasmine Rose on February 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM said...

Yay retellings! I love fairy-tale retellings :]

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon