25 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 9:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's can't-wait-to-read selection is..
  Title: Lost Girls
  Author: Ann Kelley
  Publisher: Little, Brown
  Published: July 10, 2012
  Pages: 336
  Goodreads
No parents. No rules. No way home.

Fourteen-year-old Bonnie MacDonald couldn't be more excited for a camping trip on an island off the coast of Thailand with her fellow Amelia Earhart Cadets-the daughters of the men and women stationed there during the Vietnam War. But when a strong current deposits the girls on what their boatman calls the "forbidden island," things take a turn for the worse: A powerful storm comes to destroy their campsite, the smallest of the junior cadets is found dead, and their boatman never returns. What once seemed like a vacation in paradise has become a battle against the elements.

Peppered with short, frantic entries from Bonnie's journal, Lost Girls is a page-turning, heart-pounding adventure story about a group of teen girls fighting for their lives.
Survival = favorite pretty much. Can't wait for this one!

What are you waiting on?


9 comments:

Cait on January 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM said...

OOoooh love the sound of this and hadn't heard of it before! I really like survival things too. Thanks for sharing this!

The Cait Files

Anna @ Literary Exploration on January 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM said...

Ohhh this sounds kinda cool! I love Amelia Earhart :) Great pick!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Jessi (Geo) on January 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

Hmm, sounds a bit like Lord of the Flies with girls instead of boys. Might have to check that one out! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

Giselle on January 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

This sounds so cool and mysterious! I've had my eye on it too!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

J.A. Souders on January 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM said...

I agree with Jessi. It DOES sound like Lord of the Flies. Can't wait to read it! Great choice. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Tiffany Drew on January 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM said...

First time hearing about this one but you can bet I'll be adding this to my pre-order list! It sounds very intense and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

Anonymous said...

A lot of people are comparing this to Lord of the Flies, which is apparently a good thing. I never read it, but know of it and that as well as this sound interesting.

My WOW
Safari Poet

Unknown on January 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM said...

Holy crap, that sounds kind of scary (and intriguing!) I haven't heard of this one yet, thanks for sharing! And thank you for hopping by my blog earlier:)

Samual on February 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM said...

I haven't heard of this book before. It sounds interesting! Great choice!! Love the cover a lot! Great choice, Meghan!! Thank you for sharing it!!

I'm back!!!!! ^___^

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon