17 January 2012

Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 12:00 AM


  Title: Fracture                                Pages: 272
  Author: Megan Miranda                 Source: Netgalley
  Publisher: Walker & Company       Published: Jan 17, 2012
  Series: N/A                                    Purchase: Amazon
By the time Delaney Maxwell was pulled from a Maine lake’s icy waters by her best friend, Decker Phillips, her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead.

But somehow Delaney survived—despite the brain scans that show irreparable damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be fine, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney now finds herself drawn to the dying, and when she meets Troy Varga, a boy who recently emerged from a coma with the same abilities, she is relieved to share this strange new existence. Unsure if her altered brain is predicting death or causing it, Delaney must figure out if their gift is a miracle, a freak of nature—or something else much more frightening…
Fracture immediately stood out to me when I first read its premise. It certainly was a very enjoyable read and exactly my cup of tea.

I loved Delaney in all of her nerdiness, neurotic glory. I felt she was written realistically, just how a survivor of a freak accident would behave. She was scared and brave at the same time and her character really grew on me.

I loved how Megan Miranda portrayed her newfound gift. Delaney feels pulls all over her body, like strings pulling her in each direction. The description of this is vivid and perfect, I could almost feel what it felt like to have these pulls.

Of course, I have to comment on Decker. Even when he was being an ass I loved him. He was incredibly sexy and cute. Especially how he waited day in and day out at the hospital for Delaney to wake up. Totally adorable. But their relationship was totally frustrating. The kind of shut-up-and-freaking-see-you-love-each-other kind of frustrating.

The plot was fantastic and I practically inhaled it. When I wasn't reading Fracture, I wanted to be. I wanted to find out all about Delaney's gift and what she would do with it. I wanted to know exactly what was up with Troy. I didn't see a few twists in the story and was greatly satisfied by the ending.

Overall, I absolutely loved Fracture. The characters were fantastic, the writing was amazing, and the story was phenomenal. I couldn't put Fracture down and I urge everyone to pick up a copy!

Cover thoughts: I love this cover! The cover depicts the story correctly, from the frozen lake to her bright red jacket to her blonde hair. So many book covers totally throw the story out the window and instead are made solely to sell. I feel that this one shows what the book is about AND will sell well.



1 comments:

Alexa S. on January 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM said...

I'm pretty excited to read this book! I just picked it up two days ago from the bookstore, so we'll see when I get to read it :p

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon