10 January 2012

Bookish Goals and Top Five 2011 Reads

Posted by Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea at 6:07 PM


I decided to hop on the bandwagon and make a post about my bookish goals and favorite reads of 2011. I hope you enjoy! Please link your post about goals/favorites in the comments, as well! :)

1. Read more! This is pretty self-explanatory, but I just need to read more! I always procrastinate and feel like I have to finish a book and get a review up. I need to just relax and enjoy the books I read!

2. Post more! I think all of my goals will be pretty self-explanatory, but I need to post more. Reviews, author interviews (I've only done like one or two, but I've never asked for one, because I'm scared haha. I need to put myself out there more!), and just more bookish posts like this one, other than memes. 

3. Network more! I never network. Never. That's why my follower count is low and probably why I don't like blogging as much as I could. It's fun to network, it just takes a lot of courage on my part, since I never reach out to people myself. I'm pretty shy and am always worrying about saying the right thing so the person will like me. I just need to let go and be myself!

4. Reach out to publishers! This one isn't as self-explanatory, I don't think. I need to send more review requests and get my blog name out there to more publishers. Right now, I barely send one review request per six months. I guess I just wait for people to contact me or something. Again, with putting myself out there.

There are my goals for 2012, at least the ones I can think of! What are yours?

And now for my... Top Five Favorite Reads of 2011! (in no particular order!)


And there's my favorites of 2011, what are yours?


2 comments:

Joli @ Actin' Up with Books on January 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM said...

These are some great goals for 2012. I hope that you find some success in reaching them. It'll be great to read some more author interviews - those are my favorites to read (more so than reviews). When I've asked for reviews from authors, they have always been happy to do so. So go ahead and ask, the worst they can say is no, right? One of my goals is to comment more in 2012 - I became a bit lazy toward the end of the year, but I have lost some connections with other bloggers. But for me, that really easy my favorite part of blogging - the interaction.

Good luck to you in 2012! Happy blogging!

Jasmine Rose on January 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM said...

You should definitely put yourself out there to publishers. I don't send requests out very often, but when I do, I send them to EVERYone. This past time I got three responses :] I'm sure you'll get some :]

Post a Comment

Thank you for considering me, but this blog is an award free zone for my own personal reasons.

 

Copyright © 2012 Design by Meghan. Template courtesy of Ipietoon